- 4 cups grilled boneless/skinless chicken, finely diced (pasture-raised if possible)
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup English cucumber (seedless), finely diced
- 1/8 cup California raisins (organic)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or flat leaf parsley
- 2 cups regular plain yogurt (raw if possible)
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed and strained lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon madras (yellow) curry powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat a small pan to medium heat then place the curry powder inside, dry (no fat, no water). Stir the powder around in the pan to toast the spices. Your goal is to brown the powder slightly but evenly and to release the fragrances. It will be obvious when this happens. Remove from heat and set to the side.
In a mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, and toasted curry. Using a whisk, whip the mixture until together and yogurt is yellow from the curry . Now combine the rest of the ingredients and using a spatula fold the blend together. At this point, you should adjust seasonings to your liking as well as add more yogurt for consistency, if desired. Enjoy with pita bread, fresh green leaf lettuce, and tomato slices.